Gas Cooking – Watch Out

 Do you use Gas for cooking?

Must Read

Please read this and take note. Let this not happen to you. This could be a common mistake in any household.

This shocking accident happened on 13th Feb 2013. A housewife died due to burns sustained in the kitchen.

Her husband too was hospitalised for injuries due to burns while trying to rescue his wife.

How it happened:

The gas cooker was on and cooking in progress.

The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect killer and sprayed it near the gas stove, which was on. There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustaining 65% burns.

Her husband rushed in, tried to put out the flames and his clothes too caught fire.

The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware that his wife was declared dead on arrival.

Let us understand that:

All insect killer sprays such as “Raid”,”Mortein”, “Sheltos” etc have highly volatile and inflammable solvents.

The atomized nano spray particles spread very rapidly and one spark is enough to ignite this explosive mixture with oxygen present in air.

Please educate your family & Friends about this and spread the word around….

For that matter, on the safe side, do not use any aerosol or spray of any kind inside the kitchen.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s