Chopped Cold Chicken (白斩鸡）is a popular dish in Guangdong cuisine.
I used this cooking method: (original recipe is Chinese)
1. Prepare a very big pot. Big enough for a whole chicken.
2. Add in enough water that can cover whole chicken. Also add in cooking wine, star anise, chopped ginger and spring onion.
3. Bring the water to boil. Grab the chicken. Soak it in hot water and pull it out immediately. Do this in-and-out procedure 3 times.
4. Then put whole chicken into pot. Boil for 1 min.
5. Soak the chicken into cold water to make the skin more elastic.
6. Put chicken into pot and boil for 4 mins.
7. Put the lid on and boil for 1 min.
8. Turn off the stove. Don’t move anything. Keep the lid on. Don’t even touch it. Let the chicken have a good spa for 40 mins. If…
View original post 103 more words