Water from meat is the culprit that sticks the wok during frying.
1. Egg : its rich protein good at absorbing water from meat.
2. 1/3 oil to season meat.
3. Add little bit (for coloring) dark soya sauce last.
Too much soya sauce its salt would release more water from meat, causing stickiness to the wok
“Kong-bak Bao” 控肉包 is the authentic Hokkien dish, which is served only as the 2nd last dish during grand Chinese wedding dinner in traditional Hokkien restaurants.
The bao can be found at NTUC super mart, but the kong-bao has to be made yourself.
The secrets of stewing the “3-layer pork belly” (三层肉):
1. Use papaya skin as meat tenderizer.
2. Use toothpicks to hold the meat’s 3 layers firmly.
3. Cook slightly the meat in hot oil.
4. Stewing time reduced by 1/3 with this method. (From 1.5 hours to 1 hour.)