The Best Omron Home BP Monitor
While measuring BP, take note:
1. Don’t talk;
2. Not immediately after exercise, moving body, or taking hot bath;
3. Clear your bowel, because constipation raises BP;
4. Relax, deep breath in & out slowly,
5. Take BP twice a day (AM/PM), stick to the same hour for consistency to compare data,
6. Morning wake-up BP reading usually higher, night BP reading lower.
7. BP tends to be higher in cold temperature. Avoid sitting too long below strong blowing air-conditioner.
8. Take 3 readings, interchange left and right arm. Discard the reading which is way too far out from the other 2 readings.
1. Some patients subconsciously have higher BP at clinic or hospital.
2. Bring your home measurement data in the last few weeks to show to your doctor.
3. Bring along your home electronic BP monitor to calibrate with your doctor’s manual BP monitor, if in doubt of accuracy.
It involves four basic movements that are done in rapid succession over a three-minute period (see video below) two to three times a day.
This exercise session stimulates the release of nitric oxide, which in turn lowers blood pressure by relaxing and dilating your blood vessels, improving immune system function, reducing the thickness of your blood, and boosting lean body mass.
While doing this exercise—and all exercises—focus on breathing through your nose rather than your mouth. Mouth breathing can promote high blood pressure and fatigue.
Explanation: Important to get the correct form (姿势) and speed (速度) , not depth (高低度).
Each time: 3 sets of Exercises (1-4)
Day: 3 times per day.
Exercise 1: Squat – (10 to 20 repetitions)
Exercise 2: “Marching Arms Swing” (front horizontally) – (10 to 20 repetitions)
Exercise 3: “Wing Swing” (side-way) – (10 to 20 repetitions)
Exercise 4: Chest-out “Weight Lifting” – (10 to 20 repetitions)
“Why your blood pressure reading is mostly wrong”: