3D taste of Garlic paste:
1. Chop garlics;
2. Put aside 1/3 portion (Silver Garlic);
3. Remaining 2/3 portion: soaked in water for 2 hours (or blanch rapidly in boiled water) to remove garlic ‘glue’ (蒜膠) which would darken easily in heated oil.
Dry them before frying in medium hot oil till brownish color. (Gold Garlic)
4. Mix together Silver and Gold garlics to give a 3-Dimensional taste of garlic paste.
Look at the color of the prawns. They are cooked just nice. The color would be dull if over-cooked.
1. Boil the raw prawns in ‘lemon’ water (to kill the fishy smell) till they float.
2. Turn off the fire and let the prawns simmer for 1 minute.
3. Transfer them quickly to iced water mixed with Shaoxing wine.
4. Soak for 20 mins.
The hot prawn meats absorb the wine under rapid cold temperature (入味).